Student Visas

Monrovia Student Visa Attorney


The F-1 Visa (Academic Student) allows you to enter the United States as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program. You must be enrolled in a program or course of study that culminates in a degree, diploma, or certificate and your school must be authorized by the U.S. government to accept international students.


The M-1 Visa (Vocational Student) category includes students in vocational or other nonacademic programs, other than language training. M-1 students may engage in practical training only after they have completed their studies. For both F-1 and M-1 students, any off-campus training employment must be related to their area of study and must be authorized prior to starting any work by the Designated School Official and USCIS.


The J-1 Visa (Exchange Visitor) is authorized for those who intend to participate in an approved program for the purpose of teaching, instructing, lecturing, studying, observing, conducting research, consulting, receiving training, or to receive graduate medical education or training. Some examples of exchange visitors include professors or scholars; research assistants; students; trainees; teachers; specialists; au pairs; and camp counselors.

When you need an experienced student visa attorney in Monrovia who understands what you are going through, contact the Law Office of Sergio E. Fernandez at (626) 605-6420. We can help. 


  • “Thanks for your help Sergio!” - Gloria Lopez
  • “Highly recommended!” - Arash Zolghadr
  • “He was very professional and knowledgeable about the process” - Ryan Smith
  • “Professional and down to earth person” - Sergio Gutierrez
  • “Sergio helped us realize the American dream!” - Krishnan S.