Family Petitions

Monrovia Family Visa Petition Lawyer

K-1 Fiancée Visa

If you are a U.S. citizen who wants to bring your foreign fiancée to the United States to get married, you will need to file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancée. This is the first step to obtaining a K-1 visa for your fiancée. If your fiancée marries you within 90 days of being admitted to the U.S., he or she may apply for Lawful Permanent Resident status (Green Card) in the United States.


If you are a foreign-born person who has married a U.S. citizen, and you are currently living in the U.S., your marriage may qualify you for a Green Card (Lawful Permanent Residence) through a process known as Adjustment of Status (AOS). The first step in the AOS process is to file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, along with evidence of your “bona fide” (authentic) marriage. If you are living outside of the U.S., you may be eligible through “consular processing” at a U.S. Consulate in your foreign country. 

Other Family-Based

Family-based petitioners who do not qualify as “immediate relatives” fall under a preference category system which is limited by law to only a limited number of petitioners each year. These “family preference” petitioners include: siblings of adult U.S. citizens; certain children of U.S. citizens; spouses of Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR); and certain children of LPR. Parents and siblings of LPR are currently not eligible under either category.

The Law Office of Sergio E. Fernandez is here to assist you however we can. Call (626) 605-6420 or fill out our online contact form to find out how our Monrovia family petition attorney can help your case.


  • “Highly recommended!” - Arash Zolghadr
  • “He was very professional and knowledgeable about the process” - Ryan Smith
  • “Sergio helped us realize the American dream!” - Krishnan S.
  • “Thanks for your help Sergio!” - Gloria Lopez
  • “Professional and down to earth person” - Sergio Gutierrez