Employment Visas

Employment Visa Lawyer in Monrovia

Reliable & Accessible

Here at the Law Office of Sergio E. Fernandez, our skilled Monrovia employment visa attorney can help clients handle immigration matters of all kinds. We are dedicated to ensuring that you understand your rights and secure the visa that is right for your situation.


You may be eligible for an employment-based, first-preference visa if you are a person of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, are an outstanding professor or researcher or are a certain multinational executive or manager. Although EB-1 petitions do not require an approved labor certification, each occupational category has certain requirements that must be met.


You may be eligible for an employment-based, second preference visa if you are a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or its equivalent, or a foreign national who has exceptional ability in the arts, business, or science. EB-2 petitions must usually be accompanied by an approved labor certification, however, you may request a waiver of this requirement through a National Interest Waiver petition.


You may be eligible for an employment-based, third preference visa if you are a skilled worker, professional, or other worker. Third preference petitions must generally be accompanied by an approved labor certification. Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers receive 28.6 percent of the yearly worldwide limit of employment-based immigrant visas, plus any unused visas from the First and Second Preference categories.

E-1 & E-2

Treaty traders (E-1) conduct substantial trade in goods, including but not limited to services and technology, mainly between the United States and their country of origin of which they are citizens or nationals. Treaty investors (E-2) invest a substantial amount of money and direct the operations of an enterprise they have invested in, or are actively investing in.


The H-1B program allows companies and other employers in the U.S. to temporarily employ foreign workers in occupations that require the theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge and a bachelor’s degree or higher in the specific specialty, or its equivalent. H-1B specialty occupations may include fields such as architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, medicine and health, education, business specialties, accounting, law, theology, and the arts.

H-2A & H-2B

The H-2 category allows United States employers to bring noncitizens into the United States on temporary agricultural (H-2A) and non-agricultural (H-2B) visas. H-2A and H-2B workers must submit a valid temporary labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor with their application, and, once approved, may stay in the United States for up to three years.

L-1A & L-1B

L-1A and L-1B visas may be issued when an employer files a petition to obtain authorization for qualified employees to be allowed to work and live in the United States. The L-1A visa is for intracompany transferees who work in managerial or executive positions in a company that is located outside the U.S. The L-1B visa is for intracompany transferees who work in positions requiring specialized knowledge.

O-1 & O-2

The O-1 and O-2 visas are divided into the following categories: 1) O-1A for individuals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics; 2) O-1B for individuals with an extraordinary ability in the arts or extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry; 3) O-2 for primary assistant or essential support personnel to O-1.

P-1A & P-1B

The P-1 visa allows individual or team athletes, and members of the entertainment industry, to visit the U.S. It allows these individuals to compete, perform, promote, and participate in athletics. Because both entertainers and athletes are covered by this visa, there are two types: 1) P-1A for internationally recognized athletes or athletic teams; 2) P-1B for recognized entertainment groups.

Need more information? Call our employment visa attorney in Monrovia today at (626) 605-6420 or fill out our online contact form


  • “Thanks for your help Sergio!” - Gloria Lopez
  • “He was very professional and knowledgeable about the process” - Ryan Smith
  • “Highly recommended!” - Arash Zolghadr
  • “Professional and down to earth person” - Sergio Gutierrez
  • “Sergio helped us realize the American dream!” - Krishnan S.